The visit to Smithfields will include a welcome and introduction to the market followed by a tour and behind the scenes visit to George Abraham Ltd. Here you can see how the historic Smithfield market has adapted to the latest hygiene requirements.
After this we will hear presentations from the City of London EVH team and the National Federation of Meat and Food Traders.
This is your opportunity to understand how regulation of the UK Meat sector works in practice and hear of the latest approaches to reduce the burden of meat inspections. We hope to hear from the British Meat Processors Association which is just a short walk from Smithfields and the Food Standards Agency on the modernisation of the meat inspection regime.
Gordon Maddan and Anisha Rana from BRDO will be hosting this visit. Sign up now to make sure you’re there too: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/business-visits-inspection-reform-breaking-down-barriers-to-trade-and-investment-registration-12461682227
Learn more about the market through their website: http://www.smithfieldmarket.com/
As part of this year’s inspection reform conference, BRDO are organising business visits for delegates to get a first-hand experience of the issues and resources available in a range of different organisations.
The visits will be free of charge for delegates but places are limited and will be available on a ‘first come first serve basis’. We will communicate to delegates when places are available to book.
Delegates will be able to choose their preferred visit from an extensive list which includes:
– Battersea Power Station and events venue
– Billingsgate Fish Market and Waitrose Supermarket
– ‘Eat 17’ and briefing from the Association of Convenience Stores
– Grundon Waste Recycling and Incineration Plant
– Harrods Department Store
– Leatherhead Food Research Association
– London Gateway Deep-Water Port Facility
– Cherwell Valley Motorway services
– Sainsbury’s Superstore and Distribution centre
– Smithfield Meat Markets
– Toy Retailer and Distributor
– British Hospitality Association (BHA) and British Beer and Pub Association (BBPA) followed by visit to central London Public House
Information will be updated as visits are confirmed. Further information on each visit is available in the ‘Business Visits’ tab above.